I just had my my 35 weeks gynea check up today. Everything was good. Baby weight is 2.6kg. I don't know why I feel so nervous and scared that I am going to due soon. I am going for normal delivery without epidural if I can. I am just so worry about everything. My baby head is facing down now, but not yet lock or engage. I feel my lower abdominal been very heavy and sometimes when I lie down I have got cramp and sharp pain which make me can't even move. I just can't imagine what contractions really going to be like. I hope I can pull through.

17 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi well done mommy! You have come so far and it won't be long till you see baby's face! It is natural to feel the jitters closer to delivery date. First of all there is definitely going to be some pain involved. It is not called labour for nothing. We have endured so much pain during pregnancy already so just hang in there for a while more! It is really not as bad as you think it is because there is a group of professionals with you. And I feel you don't have to pressure yourself with not getting an epidural, if you really can't take the pain go for epidural. I encourage you do squats a few weeks before delivery day to make baby engaged. My baby was never engaged and hence my induction became an emergency c sect. Do more squats and walk more. You can also try to do some perineal massage to avoid too big a tear. So many mommies have gone through labour and we all can survive! You can too! Most important relax and your dilation will be faster

Read more
8y ago

I will do more squats from now on. hope it is not too late :s Maybe I am just too nervous and all the negative thoughts just keep coming to me. I will try to stay as positive as possible. :)

hey dear, these are all anxiety pangs that are hitting you now that your baby is going to come to you soooooon :)))) like the others here, i would also suggest that have faith in your care team and be positive. you are doing great and your baby will arrive in due time. the lower part feels heavy because your baby is quite big now, so you may feel it difficult to sit, stand or even lie down. remember, the more relaxed you are, the more easy it will be for you and baby during the birth. also, since you are planning for a natural birth, don't think much about the contractions. it depends from person to person. share your concerns with your midwife or doc and ask them how you can manage your contractions and pain best. all the best

Read more

I just deliver my girl not long ! I did it without epidural and my labour is 16hours. It's good that you wanted to try without epidural. Just endure and tell yourself you can make it without epidural. God won't let you go they something that you can't manage. Tell yourself the contraction pain is just temporary one ! FYI I'm a petite mum weighing 45kg and 150cm tall only. My baby is 3.3kg. I did it I believe you can too ! Good luck to you ~ everything will be worth 💪🏻 !

Read more
3y ago

Laboring for 16 hours is quite long. I do not know if i can bear it.

Hi there. I think it is pretty normal to be nervous about it as it seems like u cannot be prepared enough for the unknown and everybody's story is different (somehow we always hear of the tough ones). But try to relax, listen to music, read book to baby, tell baby u love baby and tell baby to be good and come out well. Talk to ur Gyne & whoever is accompanying u during labor about ur birth plan. For now when possible, do some stretches meant for pregnancy and be prop up /cushioned all over and get the husband to help u massage a little if need be at night

Read more
8y ago

I try to relax myself and asked my husband to massage my back. Really feel a lot better :)

Im 35 weeks pregnant to my 3rd Baby, Its a boy and I feel like im going to give birth everytime na Tatayo or Uupo ako, dahil Pakiramdam ko yung ulo niya is nasa baba na ng Pwerta ko, My due month is march pero sabi ng Oby sakin na, Maybe hndi na abutin ng March sa sobrang Baba nya na dahil sguro sa Still working mom pa din ako haha laging Ngarag sa Work And Pagod talaga.. Goodluck sa iba pang Mga mommy :*

Read more

Even I'm pregnant for 5th, I'm still nervous. Still emagine the pain that I feel last pregnant. I think it's normal to feel but it is the way you handle it. I try to cover the feeling with see the pictures of cute baby, finding names, preparation and etc. It makes me feel hope's to deliver as soon as possible.

Read more

Listen to positive birth stories, use positive affirmations, talk to baby and stay relaxed. Consider taking a HypnoBirthing course which teaches you relaxation techniques for childbirth. Mothers who use HypnoBirthing techniques feedback that they have a shorter and more comfortable labour. www.facebook.com/AyanaBirths

Read more
5y ago

ok

SAME. I AM JUST 31 weeks. TEAM APRIL HERE BUT AS EARLY AS NOW IM ALREADY ANXIOUS AND WORRY ABOUT THE INTENSE AND TIME OF LABOR. MY GOAL IS TO HAVE NORMAL DELIVERY AND GO UNMEDICATED (EPIDURAL). PRAYING FOR US SOON TO BE MOMMIES🙏🏼 WE CAN SURVIVE THIS.

I am in my 37 weeks and to be honest I don’t even think about the pain I will feel that day all what am praying for now is safe, simple, easy and quick delivery and above all to hold my Princess in my arms.

me too. woke up at 3am almost everyday now due to the stomach cramped or braxton hicks i dont know. stomach feels so tight. always check on the baby's heartbeat & a little panic when couldnt feel it. hope we all could pull thru the real contraction

3y ago

By the grace of God we will