Tonsillitis while pregnant

I got infected with tonsillitis and have seen a doctor. However no antibiotics was prescribed to me. I got other less acting meds like anti inflammatory and fever meds. But my fever ain’t going down and I’m feeling damn super sick ?? baby still active inside, still tumbling around and kicking .... any suggestion?

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

During pregnancy is common to get sock often and very stressful as most medication given may not be active. U may take those home remedies and get well rested as much as you can. Drink warm honey lemon, take cold jelly or vanilla ice cream. When you meet ur gynae, ask about getting a flu jab as it really helps to prevent you from always getting sick. Get well soon!

Read more
5y ago

I took the flu jab already but still so sick ;-( thanks

VIP Member

Did the doctor say whether it was a bacterial or viral infection? Antibiotics will only work if it was bacterial infection. If you don't get better, do go back to see your doctor for follow up.

Hello how was your baby? I got tonsillitis also around 4weeks pregnant, and I’m quite worried. Doctor gave me augmentin and it was gone now

Hi, Please take vitamin C which will help for the immunity and i would suggest please consult the doc again as fever is not going down

VIP Member

Drink water and stock up on vitamins, rest well too!

TapFluencer

Drink plenty of water. Have you tried TCM?

VIP Member

Hi... try warm honey water with lemon

5y ago

I asked the TCM shop and they say better not to while pregnant

Try to drink some Vic c