Checkups Experience

I am going for my first checkup, can pls share any +/- experience in opting government hospital or ideally private is better?

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

You have 3 choices, 1. Subsidised patient in government hospital 2. Private patient in government hospital 3. Private patient in private hospital 1 - You will not be seeing the same gynae on every visit, even during labour. Rates will likely be standardised if no complications etc. I’m not sure for this if the appointment times are longer tho. Also, you may be assigned to a trainee doctor to insert the drip for you @.@ Wards wise, I think you can only choose up to a certain ward. 2 & 3 - You can choose your preferred gynae and stick with them till labour. Rates will depend on respective gynae’s charges. Shorter waiting times. Choose whatever rooms you want unless it’s unavailable. Ultimately, it all comes down to your budget before anything else. Services should be around the same and solely depending on luck (if you encounter any nurses who is having a bad day). You can also choose to go the subsidised route first, then give birth at a private hospital to save abit.

Read more

Gathered experiences from closed friends around me and decided to go for private route under government hospital. Mostly because of the possibility that things may go wrong during the pregnancy/delivery. Private hospitals are good if u have a smooth and uncomplicated preg/delivery. But they may not be able to manage if complications arise and may ultimately have to transfer you to a gov hospital. Also, even if the private hospital can manage, your bills will start to accumulate. Even though I have a Low risk pregnancy, still decided that it is safer to go to a gov hospital. Good luck!

Read more

Am with subsidized route at kkh. The service there is good though waiting times a bit long sometimes. Doctors and nurses are experienced even with the younger doctors. I would recommend going for subsidized route first because it helps you cover more costs with the tests. You can always decide on a fixed gynae at a later point and change to private when all the tests and screenings are more or less done.

Read more

Govt good cause subsidies but theyll care for you better in private :)