Can I give powdered flax seeds to my baby?

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Flax seed is considered healthy and is a great source of nutrients, healthy oils and fiber that are necessary for your baby’s growth and development. Flax is comprised of three essential components -- omega-3 oils, lignans and fiber. It also contains vitamin B1, vitamin B2, vitamin C, vitamin E, carotene, iron, zinc, potassium, magnesium, phosphorus and calcium. While it is safe, your child should not consume more than three teaspoons of flax seed powder per day. While over consuming flax seed does not have any very harmful side effects, it is considered to be a natural laxative, so you should keep the dosage very low to reduce the risk of diarrhea. You can introduce flax seed powder to your baby at 7 to 8 Months. After the initial introduction, watch for signs of a food allergy. It is recommended to wait at least three days before introducing another “new” food to your child. Typical signs of an allergic reaction can include swelling, cramping, rash, diarrhea or vomiting.

Read more
Post reply image

no. not now. make a paste of a little almond, hardai and dry khajoor and put a little on ur finger and put it in babys mouth. we used to get a particular kind of stone on which ayurveda people rub sandalwood to get its paste. on tht stone with a little water u should just once or twice rub the above ingredients(not sandalwood) and give. i was told by my mom that it helps strengthening immunity

Read more