I feel that my husband and I need quality time even for just 3-4 hours a week. Any suggestions on what to do that is affordable/less expensive?

3 Replies
 profile icon
Magsulat ng reply

Hi Carla! This has been a problem of mine as well. We have 2 attention demanding girls and are both busy doing work & business. It took a lot of arguments before I realized this issue. What I did was: -did a daily sched squeezing in a few mins for us to get nosy about each other's day -suggested that we always have to cook meals together -we sometimes set a movie date at home(download movies& cook our snacks) while the girls are sleeping at night -we run errands together -i took the time to learn and develop interest in his work and converse w/ him about it -i confide with him and encourages him to do the same -i even suggested a "we time" every friday which I adopted from (not sure which of these two) Bo Sanchez/Chinkee tan. Often,it is dinner dates We do most of these when the kids are sleeping. I hope these few tips help! :)

Magbasa pa

Quality time is really important for couples -- not only to destress but to rebuild connection :) Having quality time need not be expensive because if you can ask grandma or grandpa to look after the kids for a few hours, you can stay at home and have a date-slash-movie night :) You'll get your own quality time without breaking the bank! Now, if you have a little money to spare you can scout the web for deals on couples massages. My partner and I are currently looking into one for our 19th Month Anniversary next month :) I can update you if we found a good deal, if you like :) Hey, who knows? We could probably do a double date or something!

Magbasa pa
8y ago

Hi Mommy, thank you for your suggestion :) However, I went to a spa one time and they told me I couldn't have a massage since I gave birth through CS 5 months ago. They only receive clients after 1 year of going through CS. Is this true?

Hi Carla! I know how you feel, sometimes parents needs to bring their spark back as a couple and for sanity sake. In my case, my husband and I always watch movies, dinner and coffee date before we head home. You can either choose from any of the three because not all the time there is a good movie coming up. A good dinner would be great! It is also a perfect time for the two of you to catch up. Also try to remind that no cellphone allowed so you can enjoy your night. Tell me how it goes. :)

Magbasa pa