I feel sad. I want to delay putting my lo in childcare as much as possible. I want her to have a free childhood. But me and my husband are both working. Being a sahm mom is not an option because of financial issues. My mom who is her current caretaker when I'm at work told me that she wants me to send my kid to childcare asap. If not, find a babysitter elsewhere. I don't understand why she can't wait a few more months. The way she talks about my lo is like she's a burden. We give her the same amount of money she earns when she was working, for taking care of my lo. And we don't even ask her to do anything (house chores Etc) or buy anything. Just to take care of lo. I feel so guilty. I feel like I'm robbing my child of a carefree childhood. She has to start school so early (my mom asked me to put her in childcare at 18 mths) and won't stop till she starts working in adulthood. I just wish I can become a sahm and look after her myself. I teared looking at her after I pat her to sleep. If any of you have any positive words to share, please do. I need them right now.

15 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

You're not alone. My mum is currently helping me to take care of my 5 mths old baby. She doesn't have to fork out any single cent and get paid monthly too. She keeps on complaining my baby is not easy to take care and ask me to find a caretaker or ask me don't work. I already explained many times to her that I cannot don't work. Her mindset is in the past only male go work female stay home. She insist say can survive. Yes this works only provided your hubby is a high earner but not my case. I told my mum to tahan till my baby reach 18 mths and I will send her to childcare. To my gd will I propose to hired a maid to help her during the day, she rejected straight away without any reason. Just keep saying that she don't like. Every evening when I went over to fetch my baby, she was doing nth but watching TV only. My baby is screaming in the auto cradle but she ignore! Nowadays I have to tell lies when I am on leave or MC. When im sick or on leave, she will throw back to me ask me take care myself. I need some breathing space too esp when im sick. She has nvr work before therefore she thinks working is easy. All I can say is she wants easy job and still get $. She didn't realise that many times and cases that she has been creating and giving problem to me and my hubby. So your mum at least not so bad as she still knows how to go out work. Mine everyday rot and home watch TV do nth but only complaint. If there are alternative choice I wont have ask her to help me look after. IFC too expensive if not I rather send my baby there to learn things.

Read more