i feel so guilty that i have to place my son into child care.. from morning to night.. as i have to return to work on jan.. but we been trying to put him in now so by jan, hope that i can work in peace.. is it alright to leave him and have some of my 'me' time now? i feel so guilty doing so.. he play and awhile will cry for mommy.. is good that he goes to child care right? to learn new things and make friends.. he is 33 months now..

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

All moms have such guilt when we go back to work. It is tough. Sometimes adults are the ones who have separation anxiety. Kids will cry but very soon they will forget about it. It is good for kids to go to school to interact with other kids and learn some things and develop social skills and independence. Not too sure about childcare as I still prepare a family member to be main caretaker as I find childcare doesn't feed my kids well. But if no choice don't feel so guilty. Kids adapt very fast. That said I made the decision to leave my job because I could not bear to see my baby crying and not being with her most of the time. I am looking for part time work or work that takes up lesser of my time. Financially yes maybe this will be tough and I may not be able to give my kids the best things but time spent with them is more important to me

Read more