Buay tahan in-laws.....

I feel my FIL is jealous that my baby is clingy to me. He said infront of me 'aiya mummy number 1 la mummy baobei la' There is one time I was trying to open the high chair with one hand, another hand carrying baby he would come over and offer to carry my baby. Same thing happened when I was making milk. I was wondering why dont he help me to do it then?? He would always bring my baby to his room and play behind closed doors. Whenever my baby crawl from living room to my room and look for me he would carry her away. Why the hell would he stop my child from looking for her mother? Is he mentally pervert? Told my husband and he only had one thing to say 'aiya they old alr la just let them be' I seriously think they dont respect me and I dont even wanna respect them. What would you do? Tahan until you get your own place?

9 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Think in a positive side, sometime my MIL will also joke around saying “mummy number 1 la etc”. But I know her tone and choice of words are purely just joking around. It is in a good way that elders love and willing to entertain / take care of your kid. I do heard some of my friends whose MIL cant be bother to care more about their grandchild but indulge themselves in their own entertainment e.g. Playing Mahjong. With regards to him bringing your kid to room and play behind closed door, you can voice out your concern to him.

Read more