6 week scan no heartbeat

Hi all, I did an abdominal scan at the gynae at what I believe was 6 weeks based on LMP but the scan measured the gestational sac as 5 weeks, doctor said there is a yolk sac but no heartbeat found so will have to return 2 weeks later for another scan. It's measuring one week behind and now I'm worried that this is a missed miscarriage. Doesn't help that I'm 39 and this is my first ever pregnancy after trying for 2 years. Is it normal to measure behind time and no heartbeat at 6 weeks scan?

6 week scan no heartbeat
15 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

Hi mama, Perhaps best to wait till 8 weeks? Till then I know it’s difficult but try distracting yourself and not think about it too much. Just some added perspective and really, I’m just trying to be objective here: sometimes, it’s our body’s way of saying, nope it’s not right, let’s try again. If we listen to our bodies, it usually makes decisions for our health and best interests. Praying with you and for you. Much love ❤️

Read more
3y ago

I know what you mean. Just hoping for the best now, if it's not meant to be, then there is not much I can do too. thanks.