No fetal heartbeat - ultravan show 6weeks 2 weeks ago but tranviginal scan show 6 weeks today.

Hi all, need your advise. I went to see gynae 2 weeks ago with ultrascan it show that my gestational age is 6 weeks plus… went for ultra scan yesterday gynae say not able to detect heartbeat and refer me to do transviginal scan , report came out my gestational age still 6 weeks and no fetal heart pulsation. What does it mean? Does it mean that the baby is no longer growing ? Is there any possibility that heartbeat will be detect later? Based on LMP, I should be 9 weeks plus. I had miscarriage once last year so I’m kinda worried it might happen again. #advicepls

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

It could be. Based on both results they should be the one explaining to you the results after both test. And if there are possibility of heartbeat undetectable, dr should have you assign for follow up in a week or two to do another check again. Alternatively, to advise you the next action to be done.

Read more
TapFluencer

Based on LMP I am 9 weeks + too but turned out my baby didn’t grow.. and I just had miscarriage. There was a yolk sac when I was 7 weeks (when they said it looks like 4 weeks) and it was empty yesterday.. had bleeding for 2 weeks. Hope your baby is healthy 🙏🏻