6 week scan no heartbeat

Hi all, I did an abdominal scan at the gynae at what I believe was 6 weeks based on LMP but the scan measured the gestational sac as 5 weeks, doctor said there is a yolk sac but no heartbeat found so will have to return 2 weeks later for another scan. It's measuring one week behind and now I'm worried that this is a missed miscarriage. Doesn't help that I'm 39 and this is my first ever pregnancy after trying for 2 years. Is it normal to measure behind time and no heartbeat at 6 weeks scan?

6 week scan no heartbeat
15 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

u know y no heartbeat yet cause still so early. my 2nd pregnancy i went to kkh to see how many weeks baby. They found sack but no heartbeat, cause doc said that too early and come back in 1 month time. Baby is fine

3y ago

u will my dear, stay positive and eat all your prenatal vitamins.

same as mine, the sonographer mention it was still too early in the pregnancy. ended up having to go back at week 9. n manage to detect foetus and heartbeat. have faith

Read more

Hi. it's too early to detect a heartbeat. usually it will be viable on the 8th week onwards. all the best to you!

seems normal that there’s no heartbeat in early weeks, mine had heartbeat at 8-9weeks. have faith! :)

3y ago

thank you for the encouragement ❤

Dun worry too much.. u could have ovulated later.. mine was one week late too