KKH doctor/ services

Hi. I will be delivering at KKH soon. But i am restless as my last scan was done when i was in my 28 weeks. After that the next appointment was in my 32nd week but the doctor just check the fetal heart rate. Literally went inside the room for 5mins and done. The doctor did not give any assurance at all. Just say baby heart rate is good and normal. Same thing happened during my 36 week. Again doctor check for fetal heart rate and say can come back next week. Same thing again during my 37 week. Why arent they doing any scans or check whether my cervix has dilate? Or the weight of my baby? I have another appointment next week on my 38 week. Dont know if i should go as feel like its a waste of time. All they do is check fetal heart rate and ask to go home.

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

It’s normal. Don’t think too much about it. My 1st pregnancy also the same, towards the end of 3rd trimester, most of it was just checking fetal heart rate until I give birth. The last scan was 36weeks (baby was bpreviously in breech position) and they did a bacteria swab test and checked my cervix which was 1cm dilated. Next 2 appts were on my 38th and 39th week which were just to heart fetal heart rate. I was quite concerned as well and thought it was a waste of time and money but at least I get to hear baby’s heartbeat, I was thankful was to my heart’s content. I gave birth at 40 weeks via emergency c-sect.

Read more
2y ago

No the gynae did not recommend me to do such procedure maybe because still got time for baby to turn. But I did engage a Makcik Urut to help massage my tummy since I was in my “7th month” already and mom advised me to just urut. Alhamdulillah baby turned after that, not sure because of urut, my constant pujuk or it was just time for her to turn. 😅