I am wondering why my wife keeps saying that being a stay at home mum is such hard work. I am not trolling here - but i frankly dont understand. Seems simple enough to me. I have taken care of my kids and home all weekend before and it's definitely no where as stressful as having a job. Our kid is 11 months and is formula fed. We live in a 4 rm flat.

75 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I have just left my 5 days workweek office job to be a full time SAHM knowing it will be a tough and challenging role. How does a SAHM life looks like on daily basis? Just like some of the SAHM who have shared, it's really round the clock without any peace to even go for a toilet break when urgency call for it. My 13 mo baby woke up at 6.30am for her first bottle fed and my day starts from there! Gonna play with her, bathe her, etc and all the way till she take her first nap which is about an hour. So this is my first free time to start preparing her lunch (prepare the ingredients for cooking, doing laundry, etc). So when she's awake, I have to go back to full gear mode to play with her, feed her the cooked lunch, etc till she go for her next nap which is also an hour between 3-5pm. So what do I do now? Prepare ingredients for dinner! Being a SAHM, I will need to cook so as to reduce the cost of living. When my husband is back from work, dinner is served and after dinner is done, I will be back to the kitchen to wash the dishes. After I'm done with the dish washing, it's time to bathe my baby! And guess what? It's already 8.30pm by then when I'm done with all this. And the last thing to do now is to prepare my baby for her sleep. Try doing that for a week without any help from anyone including your wife and you should be able to sense where the stress come from. Baby or toddler will tend to throw some tantrums or refused to sleep at time and the routine stuff still needs to be done which is even more stressful. Your wife also need a channel to relax her mind and share her frustrations.

Read more