I am wondering why my wife keeps saying that being a stay at home mum is such hard work. I am not trolling here - but i frankly dont understand. Seems simple enough to me. I have taken care of my kids and home all weekend before and it's definitely no where as stressful as having a job. Our kid is 11 months and is formula fed. We live in a 4 rm flat.

75 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I was both FTWM and SAHM. My experience is the stress are different and both are not easy. FTWM - There is income, I feel that I have more say and more financial freedom. Able to afford basic vacations when needing a "break". Might feel guilty for not spending enough time and observe my child's progress closely. Might indulge in my child like having taxi trips, some toys. SAHM - The very important thing is spouse have to be understanding and supportive otherwise it will be a miserable job. Have to be more thrifty. Have to have firm in not buying toys unnecessarily. More patience need to dealt with my child's school work as I didnt apply for student care. Was able to spend more time as a family especially when hubby's off from work. Able to bring him to places during holiday instead of working all day. Able to hear what he had to say everyday after a long day at school. More tolerant towards spouse too as not as burnt out and rushing for time when working. These are just my individual experience. :)

Read more