I am wondering why my wife keeps saying that being a stay at home mum is such hard work. I am not trolling here - but i frankly dont understand. Seems simple enough to me. I have taken care of my kids and home all weekend before and it's definitely no where as stressful as having a job. Our kid is 11 months and is formula fed. We live in a 4 rm flat.

75 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Err.. I would rather do my job actually than SAHM. My job is stressful with lots of travel, managing deadlines and ppl, but I felt sense of achievement and self satisfaction from the money, status, coworkers and friends, and lifestyles. As SAHM, all of those are stripped off, replaced with daily routine trapped inside walls, cleaning, doing laundry, cooking, prepping food for baby, feeding baby solids few times a day, bathing baby, entertaining and putting baby to sleep. Not to mention when baby is cranky, or changing diaper and cleaning after the mess few times a day. Not having anyone to backup when sick, or simply want to have alone time. In addition to the irony, sometimes lack of appreciation from husband/in laws and constantly being judged/blamed when kids are not in perfect condition. It is not only physically tiring, but also emotionally draining, endurance, patience, everything is being tested. Doing for some weekends definitely is not the same as doing it forever. Try doing it for one week and see if you still think the same. Doing for some weekend is not equal to

Read more