I am wondering why my wife keeps saying that being a stay at home mum is such hard work. I am not trolling here - but i frankly dont understand. Seems simple enough to me. I have taken care of my kids and home all weekend before and it's definitely no where as stressful as having a job. Our kid is 11 months and is formula fed. We live in a 4 rm flat.

75 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi there. Taking care of your kid and home all weekend is different from being with your child around the clock every single day. Having a child who is formula fed doesn’t make it any less tiring. I hope you don’t actually say this to your wife because honestly its quite mindless. Also i’m sure your wife has to clean the house, do the laundry (wash, dry, fold), cook (do marketing) and also attend to you once you are home as you didn’t mention of having a helper for housechore. All of these, she has to do on top of taking care of the child. I hope all working partners out there will never have this mindset towards their other half who could just as well work but chose to stay at home and take care of the child. So many things that they have to sacrifice, multi task on daily basis with no off days or whatsoever and having this kind of thinking from their partner doesn’t really seems fair/ helpful. Try to empathise with your wife for once and i’m sure you will understand where she is coming from. Seems to me you are just comparing your off day (weekends) and being home with them to her taking care of the child 24/7 all day, all week long.

Read more