I am wondering why my wife keeps saying that being a stay at home mum is such hard work. I am not trolling here - but i frankly dont understand. Seems simple enough to me. I have taken care of my kids and home all weekend before and it's definitely no where as stressful as having a job. Our kid is 11 months and is formula fed. We live in a 4 rm flat.

75 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

ouh wow... where do i even start. so u qoute your son is 11mnths old and bottle fed. it may sound like a simple job. but what bout in between of the days. like woke up early to clean her up. maybe wash her bum 4 to 5 time a day. or even trying to get her dress... maybe feed her solid food is also challenging... and cleaning up after tat is never ending. lemme share with you why its a stressful job. i was a working mom for many many year until i had my third child. my pregnancy wasnt a breeze and i had thoughts of ending my life bcos i cudnt cope with it..... on top of that i was werking with a good company and at a place where i can churn money quick... my colleagues were like family. fast forward.... when i gave birth, my hubs told me to quit all thats ive achieve and gain personally to take care of all 3 kids and be a full time housewife. there it gets worst... why? strip off from my dignity, my freedom, my money, my own time, my personal space, heck even simplest conversation .... i survive 10mnths of trying to get use to the lifestyle.... and lemme tell you... with all the negative thoughts i have i my head, im glad we all survive. easy for you to say... hey i help over the weekends... hahahah.. ask urself. did u gave your wife emotional support. talk to her when u come back home. tell her shes doing very well keeping the house clean (even when its not). praise her for the food she cooks for you.... these things matters to us SAHM. maybe, well just maybe.... u give her a timeout and you do it all by yourself and no one serve u back. how would that feel. she have sacrifice her life to give birth and yet another sacrifice her time and energy for a tiny human being who can actually transform to a monster mind you... ☝🏽 so over the weekends. let her sleep late. wash the loo. clean the whole house. make her pancakes and bring her to the park, carry your kid.. let her at ease. try it. when i was werking i wish i am not. now that i am not i wish i was working. cos the stress level is not the same when u werk with ppl. and we cant bail this job bcos its our responsibility. the dilemma is real. when u r sick. u can apply AL, CCL, OIL, PH yada yada... but when a SAHM is down... nothing is change.

Read more