I am wondering why my wife keeps saying that being a stay at home mum is such hard work. I am not trolling here - but i frankly dont understand. Seems simple enough to me. I have taken care of my kids and home all weekend before and it's definitely no where as stressful as having a job. Our kid is 11 months and is formula fed. We live in a 4 rm flat.

75 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

Put it this way, our sleeps are totally deprive especially when they are still baby , toddler stage . They needs 24hours eyes surveillance on them . Having them to tag along for grocery is real tough , heavy loads to carry and sometimes in between the shopping cranky baby starts tearing the place down . And sometimes just have to put a halt and dash to find a nursing room in case baby wet his diapers or hungry or just attention seeking . Really stress to the max. Lunch time is just probably 10 to 15min cos we have load of washings to do , daily cleaning the floor , toys and cleaning up the mess . Preparing foods for the little ones also need to draft up a menu to make sure nutritional needs are taken well care of for this little buds . Sometimes even to go for toilet break just simply seems to be no peace cos having little crawling intruders trying to crawl in and just disrupt the momentum . With all these SAHM have no salary, no annual leave , no medical leave, no bonus and sometimes no even an appreciation of Thank you . In work , project can be completed but for caring of baby is no ending and job satisfaction is simple to make baby happy and healthy and plus high responsibility. But of cos working men have their stress too. So each of their own have their difficulties, so be happy and appreciate each other . Never compare cos is never the same .

Read more