Anyone had manicure or hair dye done during pregnancy and baby born with birthmarks?

I am 29 weeks pregnany now and recently did gel nails. Afterwards I heard from a friend that it causes birthmark on my unborn baby, I know it's superstition but anyone did any hair dye or manicure during pregnancy and had a healthy+pretty baby?? Worried now :(

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

My mother (almost 60 now; didnt did any manicure nor hair dye when she was pregnant with me), but I was born with half my face black birthmark too. So I dont entirely believe it'll affect. My husband's cousin pregnant with her 3rd child now, always doing manicure & hair dye, her 2 sons no birthmarks. Just sharing~ I undergone face lasik since I was 3 years old, yearly once or twice till I was 18. The birthmark is totally gone on my face (but no under the sun sports, I have been avoiding sun since young due to face lasik).

Read more

I did hair dye during pregnancy and now my baby is almost 4 months old, she doesn’t have any mark on her body :) my friend did hair dye and manicure many many times and it’s nth happened to her baby too

Hi mummy I think it’s more of avoiding exposure to chemicals while pregnant (which cld affect pregnancy and baby) that we avoid hair and nail treatments, but again it’s your comfort level.