Amniotic fluid more than usual

Hi all, I am currently 30 weeks pregnant today. My doc told me I got more amniotic fluid than usual and hence explained my huge stomach. I was told to reduce sugar intake (although I passed OGTT) in the hope of reducing the fluid. Doc said might cause early water bag burst and early delivery.. I tried googled online but there was no natural solution to reduce. Anyone experienced before? Some background: I also got UTI which did not cleared after a week plus of antibiotics and started taking blood pressure med for this pregnancy at end of first trimester.. And what happened if UTI still can't cleared after antibiotics? First time experienced UTI. I just hope I will have a safe delivery as I got a miscarriage before in 2017.

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

My amniotic fluid was also higher than normal and got the same advise from my OB. I managed to reach 38 weeks and had normal delivery. Just follow your OB advise about sugar. Although it will not totally reduce to normal, at least its not that high.

VIP Member

Try to drink some barley water. Not too much. It cures UTI effective for pregnant women. Cranberry juice helps too but it's very sour

Hey Anon, please do not worry, just follow your doctor's instructions here.