Overreact?

I came home to find out my MIL cut my 15m old hair without our knowledge. It was literally horrible looking. Like a crooked bowl. I cried and called my husband immediately. He then called and yell at his mum for cutting our daughter's hair. Our daughter alr have very little hair and now it just looked horrible. Are we overreacting?

12 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

make known to her that U ARE THE MOTHER! she has no right to do anything to your daughter without your consents I'm not trying to be rude, sometimes I will just let people (especially in-laws) know that my child my way, please don't interfere our life! even I'm not the one communicating with them, but I will make sure my husband know my stand this is to ensure HARMONY of life for everyone

Read more

No you're not overreacting. Your MIL overstepped her boundaries. She should have checked with at least your husband or yourself first, it's basic courtesy. She won't be happy or thankful if you just snip off her plants or anyhow cut her dog's hair without her knowledge also right? Ya lor. Same thing.

Read more

The point is whether they are respecting you as the parents and guardians of the child before they do anything to your daughter.. this time it could be cutting the hair, how about next time? Piercing her ears? Giving her chilli or sweets or whatever food that they are not supposed to feed her?

Obviously not overreacting. I would get very upset too! I wouldn’t mind if MIL would ask first before doing anything to our babies, and actually listened when we told them otherwise.

I'll be reacting the same. i have made it clear and it's a known thing to my in laws and parents.. not to touch my babies hair and don't interfere when I am teaching/scolding them.

Super Mum

No . Not over reacting. You deserve respect and she needs to ask u for ur permission. And I’m so glad ur hubby is with you on this

TapFluencer

No I don’t think u are overreacting But don’t worry, hair will grow eventually She may mean well

Not over reacting. Good that your husband on same page as you

VIP Member

don't be sad mama. it will grow again.

Post reply image