Feeling Bad

I been feeling very tired during my pregnancy , currently in my 17 weeks . Feeling giddy , nauseous , lower abdominal cramps/pain sometimes during the day. And I got no mood to work at all, but I can’t keep taking MC / leave as I have used up quite a bit of it during my 1st 2 mths of my pregnancy as I have very bad morning sickness. Now sometimes I will force myself to go work when I’m not feeling well which only make myself depress more , some of my colleagues (who never get pregnant and is not married)understands me and will let me rest inside the office but some (who is a mother and father) don’t , they will just give you faces or give bad remarks when you rest inside or when you took MC/Leave ,and cause I’m working in service line which makes things worse and I don’t always get good customers and was even shouted at once when I’m at work . I still got 5more mths to go and I don’t know how long more I can endure . I’m really tired

343 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

that's nice to hear that your colleagues have care for you.. I am also pregnant 17w6d. Iam also having pain & aches, tiredness and nausea.. but my team leader (a mother of two) is no care for me and she always telling me that there is "no special treatment for pregnant" in our office. she always making me feel isolated since I become pregnant tho she new that i really planned this pregnancy (2nd child) .now I am depressed and worries that once I take my Maternity Leave for 2-3 months. she told me that I will no longer be part of their team since that months will abandoned my job so they decided to replace me as soon as possible I take my leave. I feel so down coz this job is the only I have to support my child's need , I can't lean on my husband salary because it's not enough to support us (a lot of expenses plus his support for his ILL mother). Idk what will happen after I gave birth. If have still a job or already gone. 😔😔😔

Read more
3y ago

Be strong for your baby and your growing family! it is sad that your manager as a woman is not helping to lift other women but putting them down instead. please collect evidence of your manager ill-treating you. check the manpower rules in your country. if you're in singapore, employers by right are not supposed to fire pregnant women or women on maternity (unless they cite poor work performance in which case they better provide hard evidence). check if you can complain to HR and if not, to ministry of manpower. companies are usually careful not to hit headlines with bad maternity treatment. if they make u leave, demand appropriate compensation.