How to let others know about your boundaries politely without sounding like a overly protective bitchy mom?

I basically have issues with people carrying my baby while wearing heavy perfumes, using their oily faces or faces with makeup to stick to my baby’s face or using their hands to touch my babies cheeks… BUT I JUST DO NOT HAVE THE COURAGE TO TELL THEM AND SECRETLY HOPE THEY WILL READ MY MIND AND STOP DOING IT TO MY BABY (but nope, it just keeps on happening) , so now my baby face has acne and weird looking oily stains / scars :(

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

For people I know, I would just tell them my concerns directly because if it’s gonna affect my baby, I don’t see why I can’t stop them. If they gonna be sour over it, then let them be. If it’s some stranger aunty or uncle, I probably won’t even let them have the chance to touch my baby. I personally am okay with perfumes, but makeup no no.

Read more
VIP Member

I will make it like a joke 🥸 aiyo ur face why so close to my baby and carry baby back and said hahahaha baby is mine hor u carry awhile will do 😌 but sometimes is really hard. For closest people I will points out the acne issue when they do that.

VIP Member

I will actually stay close to my baby and have wet wipes with me to clean it off straight after, some people will get it. When I am out, I tula him when he is a new born, this way, no one get close 😂 but ultimately, I will tell them.

Yup u sound just like an overly protective mom.... well thats y god gave u a mouth..if ur unhappy with certain things just let the person know very politely.