I am planning to get medical insurance and life insurance for my baby, any recommendations?

16 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Based on my understanding from my insurance agent, currently there is no stand alone baby life insurance. You can only purchase life insurance for 18 and above. However, prudential has this Prufirst gift insurance which bundle maternity insurance together with investment link saving and baby life insurance. The benefits include: 1. Protection coverage on expectant mother against possible Pregnancy Complications as well as Death, Terminal Illness and Disability before childbirth 2 Protection coverage on newborn against selected Congenital Illnesses as well as Death, Disability, Terminal Illness and Critical Illness 3. Selected Hospital Care Benefits to the newborn 4. Endowment plan for child's education needs through investment This plan will protect expectant moms against pregnancy complications and insured mom's life. It will be converted into protection against baby's life when baby is borned. You can refer to the image attached for illustration. I personally recommend this insurance as it comes with many benefits. http://www.prudential.com.sg/corp/prudential_en_sg/solutions/protect/PRUfirst_gift.html#How%20it%20works For baby's medical insurance, I also recommend Prudential. I have made a price comparison of medical insurance from all insurance agencies and found out that Prudential has the lowest priced medical insurance with similar medical.

Read more
Post reply image
5y ago

NTUC Income Maternity 360 is standalone.

With maternity insurance that covers your pregnancy and birth, I believe for all of them you will need to get at least a year before you get pregnant to be covered. For health insurance to cover baby after birth, most will only cover at a certain point after baby is born, say 2 weeks. And baby must be heathy at 2 weeks, so any issues with birth and any life long illnesses are not covered. I only found 1 insurance policy that covered baby from day 0 after birth, Aetna, I purchased through Pacific Prime.

Read more

For me I choose to seek advise from an independent financial consultant that represents policies from many insurance companies. So that I can see a better and non bias comparison among all the policies in the market. My financial consultant also tailor an insurance plan for my family and kids based on our financial ability and needs. Thus, I strongly encourage you to look for an independent advisor. Try to avoid any ILP (investment linked policy) insurance as the money you can get back is not guaranteed.

Read more
VIP Member

Manulife is not bad. My agent is good, responsible and helpful! She helps me with the claims even is not under her care. In fact, I'm going to change some policies under hers.. If you keen, I can let her contact you so that she can share and compare the insurance across different companies. Not necessary need to purchase any from her, but you could seek advices from her. Best to hear out the policies from different companies before purchase!

Read more

I signed up for Prufirst gift, as recommended by Evelyn and found it much better to the other insurance that were offering similar. I took this up for both my kids and my agent (who attended to me during a babyfair) has been very helpful and really understanding. I ended up taking a few other insurance with her as well

Read more

Prudential Pru 1st Gift. Investment linked policy PruShield covers the medical portion. Rider would be Prushield Extra. If u 1 2 know more, can contact my agent Cumbria friend, Christopher @ 98760734

Read more

U can WhatsApp to 81195171. That’s the agent that I talked to but haven sign up yet. It’s a no obligations house visit with lots of samples and freebies

VIP Member

Hi... you might find this article informative https://sg.theasianparent.com/types-of-insurance-for-children

VIP Member

I got mine from Prudential. Agent serve the family so we are comfortable with her.

VIP Member

My sister is a pru agent. Let me know if you're keen. She can advise you better