i am 38+5w pregnant and for the past 3 days i've been getting horrible sickly back cramps and period type pains but I haven't noticed a pattern, I am trying to stay active by going for walks but i have to stop every 5 mins as my bump feels really heavy. Could this be an early sign of labour?

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Early signs of labour that you can look out for (http://www.motherandbaby.co.uk/pregnancy-and-birth/birth/getting-ready-for-birth/the-early-labour-signs-you-need-to-look-out-for): - Your waters break - Heartburn relief - Backache - You have a ‘show’ - Your nipples leak - Diarrhoea - Swollen down below - Frequent toilet stops - Sudden burst of energy - Walking differently - Contractions Here’s another very useful article highlighting the main points to take note of: http://sg.theasianparent.com/4-pre-labour-symptoms/ From this article, the most common four signs of labour are: - Persistent lower back or abdominal pain, often accompanied by a crampy premenstrual feeling - Vaginal bleeding called show (a brownish or blood-tinged mucus discharge). If you pass out the mucus plug that blocks the cervix, labour could be imminent or days away - Painful contractions that occur at regular intervals, each lasting only 30 seconds - Clear water flowing from the vagina (broken water bag), but you’re in labour only if it is accompanied by painful contractions And you should contact your doctor immediately if: - Your water bag breaks, or if you suspect you’re leaking amniotic fluid your baby is moving less than usual. - You have vaginal bleeding (unless it’s just a small amount of blood-tinged mucous). - You have fever, severe headaches, and changes in your vision and/or abdominal pain. The backaches and cramps that you are experiencing seemed like one of the early signs. Watch out for regular contractions, which are sure signs of labour.

Read more

As Hui Qun covered, it's your body's way of preparing itself for the incoming labour. Towards the end of my pregnancy, my backaches were so painful, the only way to relief it was to lie down but even that was uncomfortabke because of my bump. There was once my ex husband had wanted so much to watch Xmen, so we booked Gold Class at Suntec.. but the thing about suntec is that its a long crazy walk from Esplanade MRT to Golden Village. We stopped at every eateries/seats that we passed by because I was so tired and wornout. Eventually I slept thorough the movie. You should start heading to the hospital when your contractions are getting closer and stronger / or when your waterbag has burst like Hui Qun mentioned earlier.

Read more

I had backache too during last few weeks due to the weight of my tummy. However, if you are having sharp back pain (like breaking of your back), it indicates you are going into labor very soon. If you feel very uncomfortable, you can try to use belly support belt to ease the pressure and backpain.

Read more
Post reply image

Promo terbesar expert care sudah dimulai, diskon hingga Rp.100.000 sedang berlangsung di shopee, ada juga voucher diskon 100% alias gratis bagi bunda yang beruntung. Buruan cek di https://shope.ee/9UfEMMqqTg (id-2204)

thanks