I am about to deliver in a month and my mother has volunteered to live with me for a month. While my dad has volunteered to live with me for the next three months, since my mum works. I don't want to impose my child on them. How do I tell them that they should in fact, enjoy their lives and not worry about my child? Am I being silly?

9 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I think it's not silly to ask for your parents to let you handle matters on your own. You already are an adult and about to be a mother, afterall. It's pretty normal that parents tend to be very protective of their child. Your parents are just probably either really worried or really excited about the baby. :) I bet it's the latter. I remember my in-laws eager to spend time with me and the first baby in my tummy a few months before I gave birth.

Read more

If your a first time mom,you would definitely be thankful having either of your parents there to guide you during the first few months..The thought of having someone you could trust to at least watch and stay with your child while you take time to rest or even eat a proper meal makes a big difference,and will help you properly manage your time and plan your daily activities, especially if your going to be alone in the long run..

Read more
VIP Member

For now you will think this way but after birth the thinking might be different.. I m once like you before birth but right after birth my thinking changed and i m thankful both my parents help up before and after pregnancy . I think grandparents play a role in baby life too.. But of course you can still talk nicely to your parents and tell them not to worey about your child and enjoy their life 😀

Read more

In reality, you will like and want them with you after delivery as one can not do own......you can but you will have exhausting and tiresome months...atleast for first 6 months. I suggest you accept their offer. They have been through this and know that you will need their help.

it's always better to have an extra pair of hands to help you out. Maybe they can stay over during weekdays to have bonding with baby and back to their own place on weekends so that you can have your own family time..

She has gone through the same phase in her life, and understands the best, that even if you say not, you need her at this time. And to be frank, her presence is her happiness too. Since she gave birth to you!

Appreciate their help and embrace it! When we parent our child, we tend to be anxious and overparanoid.. Grandparents come in and offer reassurance and calmness that only they can.

actually, after u hav given birth u may be tempted to take up their offers after all..

Be thankful they offered..if it is your inlaw you will have bigger headache.