Hi, I am 7 to 8 months pregnant. Just need to rant out how I feel... I start to worry about labour pain as I decided to opt for normal delivery as I heard a lot of side effect on epidural, but I don't know if I can even handle the labour pain (I have low tolerance for pain) I also worry that how my in laws will be involving in my life. I kind of hate it when my FIL and SIL only asked about baby and how they going to pamper him when he is out. But the whole pregnancy I was taken care by my own family and my in laws they did nothing at all.. I feel really sad when they only care about the baby that's why I worry after I give birth I have no control over my own baby. My SIL, she is single and like to involve herself in my husband life. She tell my husband to ask me to endure the normal delivery without using anything anesthetic or else he have to pay more money. She is more worry about her brother spend on my labour. I just get so irritated by my In laws. I did not tell my husband because I don't want him having a hard time between his family and me. So I get myself feeling so lost, worry and sad. Sorry for the long post. I just need to rant it out.

13 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi i can understand how you feel...i gave birth yo my daughter close to 3 weeks ago. I had somewhat the same experience as you do. During pregnancy, my in laws almost didnt care abt how i feel, only think about the baby. Always push the responsibility to my mum’s side. For example, we don’t cook at home so they always ask me go back to my mum’s place to eat home cooked food etc. as they dunno what to prepare for me to 补. But my first trimester my morning sickness was very bad. And although my mum’s place is only few bus stops away, i still feel tired to travel. I also worried about labour etc when my due date was nearing. I actually did not want epidural if possible. From my experience, epidural helps alot and for me there are no side effects. I have low pain tolerance as well. I already could not take the pain when i was 2-3cm dilated so i decided i had to take epidural. It is really a life saver as i did not feel any pain after that (even during pushing) i was able to have strength to push and able to recover faster post delivery. Yes, initially i also don’t want epidural cos extra money, about $1k? But rly some money cannot be saved... don’t care ur SIL she didnt go thru pregnancy and wont be going thru the labour of cos she wont understand. In laws issue is like cannot be avoided one la. Like for now, my issues with in laws are about how to take care and handle my newborn daughter. They are over protective of her while my husband and me have our own thinking and ways. Just rant it out and move on... divert your attention to your baby!

Read more