Covid Positive

I am 6 weeks pregnant & my PCR turns out to be positive. Currently serving my isolation but i am just worried about my baby 😭 Asked the dr if it will affect my pregnancy and dr is unsure herself. I havent went for any ultrasound and my first appointment will only be on end May 😭

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I contracted covid while 5 weeks pregnant previously and was assured by the GP and MOH telemed that I do not have to worry at all. I was also paranoid back then but recovered on day 6 and went onto my first pregnancy checkup. Gynae also assured me that baby’s healthy and fine with ultrasound scans and baby’s heartbeat was loud and clear too. Gynae said since I’ve already contracted covid before, I also have developed some sort of immunity so definitely not a big worry. (FYI I’m fully vaccinated/ boosters all taken)

Read more

hi mummy, i got it when i was 34th weeks preggy. Get your oxygen level check and eat the medicines that were given to you aite. Most importantly drink lots of water. Get urself hydrated and rest, rest, rest. You gonna be fine. Stay positive mummy!! Once you are well, go to your gynae and get the baby check. Otherwise, if u really feel unwell, its best to go to the hosp to get it check aite.

Read more

i've gotten covid when i was 19weeks pregnant .. that time i have not boosted yet .. had to sleep upright cause my nose was super congested and throat was super inflamed .. difficult to breathe at night .. was negative after 8 days .. it does not affect my baby at all .. had an ultrasound only 2 months later, all is good .. i think the 2 covid vaccinations kinda help build antibodies ..

Read more

Im here for you!! I know that feeling. Please don’t worry so much and focus on getting enough rest and nutrition. My first appt was pushed back for 3 weeks because I was Tested positive. I was so worried as well. But all was well, just nice it was 12 weeks at the first appt. Now I’m 17 weeks. Just make sure you are having folic acid and pregnancy safe medicine :) x

Read more

Had covid when 24 weeks too, was worried but just decided to focus on recovering! I think no gynae knows how it affects as we can only tell many years later on kid’s development unfortunately. Just rest and recover well (:

I was tested positive last 3 weeks too and 17 weeks pregnant at that time... not boosted. Cough and sneezing was terrible but baby is all fine. Drink lots of fluid and have plenty of rest. GWS!

I am currently 14 weeks and I tested positive while traveling in Germany just last week and the doctors here says it’s ok and quite common. Can only eat Panadol and drink lots of water!

Had covid when i was 7 weeks preggy. Baby is doing fine now at 14 weeks! Don’t worry too much. Don’t be so stressed about it and all will be good!