Covid Positive at 21 weeks

hiiii, i am 21 weeks pregnant and i just tested ag positive today. Most prolly got it from my husband despite strictly isolating. Anyone experienced the same thing while pregnant? Will it affect the baby in any way? I worry about the well being of the baby 🥹#advicepls #firstbaby #pregnancy #pleasehelp

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi, try not to worry to much. I am going through the same thing at 17.5 weeks now. Obvioisly it is very upsetting. I never had covid from the start of the pandemic just to get it when pregnant with first child 😞 If you are vaccinated and are overall healthy, the chances are this will pass quickly like a cold. Best to call your OBGYN and ask them what medication you can take if you have symptoms. There are some over the counter medications that can be if risk to the baby, so better be safe. I had high temperature for 3 days, so had to take panadol which is considered safe. Unfortunately, no one knows whether Covid might have any long-term effects on developing babies, researchers would need more time to find out. But I do have a couple of friends who had Covid when they were pregnant, one in 1st trimester, another one in 3rd both were unvaccinated and it was harder for them - at this stage the both babies are doing absolutely fine and are healthy, the mums have already forgotten about the time they had covid.

Read more

What I know most of the ppl living under same household will get it. Just like me and family. Just hydrate more and if you develop any high fever or other symptoms that is very unbearable you may then, head to the doctor. Otherwise, home recovery will be fine.