Permanent Birth Control... will I ever regret?

I am 22 years old, married with 2 children... coming 3. I'm due next month! I gave birth to my first child when I was 20 years old, 21 with my second child. First and second was a planned pregnancies, third was an accident and I was on birth control shot. My husband and I both came from a large family as in both of us have 5 siblings. We don't intend to have so many children and I thought of putting a stop already but our family members were against it. My husband is fine with my decision because he wanted to focus on his career and we're just not into having so many children. Our mindset on having children is about providing the best for them and no limitations. I mean like when I was younger, my parents couldn't provide me enough and sometimes we don't eat. I... don't want my children to go through that. We're comfortable now. My mom warned me about "We don't know the future. What if someday you were to go through divorce and your new husband wants a baby." Isn't this toxic? I don't even want to think about going through divorce nor getting married again 😣

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I had my 1st child at 20 too. Married for a year only before we divorced. It was not a pleasant one but I got the full custody of my son. 2 yrs later, I remarried and had 4 more children with my now husband. I started taking family planning pills after the birth of my 2nd child. But the 3rd one was an accident. I stopped taking the pill for a while cos the side effect was so bad & I got pregnant the month after. Then we planned ourselves without using any contraception method at all. 3 yrs later, we planned for my 4th. Decided to stop at 4 but then I started missing having a baby very badly. Then we decided to have another baby, 10 yrs later. Yes, 10 years apart from my 4th. Our youngest is now an 8 mths old infant. There will be a time when you'll start missing being pregnant and having a baby again. So my advice is go with the birth controls that you remove. You may never know if you ever want a baby again given that you're still young.

Read more