Permanent Birth Control... will I ever regret?

I am 22 years old, married with 2 children... coming 3. I'm due next month! I gave birth to my first child when I was 20 years old, 21 with my second child. First and second was a planned pregnancies, third was an accident and I was on birth control shot. My husband and I both came from a large family as in both of us have 5 siblings. We don't intend to have so many children and I thought of putting a stop already but our family members were against it. My husband is fine with my decision because he wanted to focus on his career and we're just not into having so many children. Our mindset on having children is about providing the best for them and no limitations. I mean like when I was younger, my parents couldn't provide me enough and sometimes we don't eat. I... don't want my children to go through that. We're comfortable now. My mom warned me about "We don't know the future. What if someday you were to go through divorce and your new husband wants a baby." Isn't this toxic? I don't even want to think about going through divorce nor getting married again 😣

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

There are quite a few reversible birth controls which are very effective, please check with my a gynae for options. I can't imagine having more than 3 kids, but 20+ is pretty young and your mentality can change with time so I can understand where your mom is coming from.