Supplement

Hi, i am 11 weeks pregnant now and if i am taking this supplement Blackmores Pregnancy and Breastfeeding Advanced, do i still need to take folic acid together with it?

23 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Check the composition of the vitamin you are taking to ensure there isn't any folic acid included in it. If there isn't any, then you can take it. However, it is always to be safe. So take your vitamin bottle along for your next doctor's appointment and double check.

No - and in fact you should not exceed the recommended folic acid dosage. It is also always important to check with your doctor before taking supplements (in case you haven't).

blackmores supplement u have to check with your doc if its safe to consume. usually folic acid at this point of time is more than impt than supplement

The blackmores pregnancy is alrdy contain folic acid. So i dont think u need to take folic acid somemore. However, do consult ur gynae.

VIP Member

If the existing supplements contain folic acid. Best to confirm with ur gynae if what u are taking is sufficient supply for folic acid.

i’m taking that too, anyway i have an appt with gynae tomorrow, probably will also ask the same question and see what she reply.

5y ago

anyway gynae is okay with that because it already contains folic acid. and we shouldnt exceed dosage too.

Pls do double check with your doctor if the supplement contains everything you need for a healthy pregnancy...

Take only what's recommended or given by gynae would be sufficient :)

I only took blackmores that time but better check with your gynae.

Super Mum

Better to consult gynae if the amount of folic acid is sufficient