My husband is very firm he doesnt want a second child. He finds taking care of our first very stressful. My baby is only 8 weeks old. Will my husband ever change his mind or is he dead set. Because when I talk to him he seems very firm.

12 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I am like your husband. I am determined not to have second one one I delivered my first because I had an emergency c sect and baby was a fussy one. My husband also cherish the hope I will change my mind and I did on a few occasions thought it will be good for my gal to have a sibling but after I thought of the pain and taking care of her I got scared again. So I don't think I will ever change my mind. But for your husband he doesn't have to worry as much about the pain and I am sure the taking care is mostly you who is doing it so perhaps he will change his mind. Especially when your baby gets easier to manage and can play on her own, he will think your baby needs company. A lot of my friends' husband and in fact some friends initially did not want to have second one but after seeing how lonely the first one is they change their minds so don't give up hope yet!!

Read more