My husband and i seldom see each other due to work schedule and he seldom have time for the kids. We did not have any topic to talk about even when we got the chance to talk. If he is on leave he will spend time playing with his phone. I understand that he is working hard for the family and he needs his own time to play games or see videos but i cant help feeling that my life without him made no difference. over these years he changed a lot in terms of temper and we quarrelled a lot until now we dont even care to say anything to each other. I kept asking myself if this is the man i love and if i will be happier to walk out of his marriage. I feel really lost. I held on becuz of the kids but im not happy every single day.

12 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I feel you are fighting because: 1. You are upset about this situation 2. You have not been spending time together and have drifted apart. I would sit him down, not worrying too much that he needs to rest after work, and tell him that you need to work on your marriage together. You are not going to see any progress unless you both are committed to improving things between you. Here are some ideas: 1. Schedule (yes schedule!) weekly dates. Have someone take care of the kids so you don't have to also worry about taking care of the kids when you are together. 2. When your husband comes home, tell him that the next couple of hours are to spent doing things as a family. Hanging out with the kids, having dinner, and reading to the kids. 3. You can ask him if he wants to talk about his day, after the kids have gone to sleep. This might seem like an effort at first, but persevere. It might feel like you are trying to connect with a stranger who doesn't want to connect with you, but remember, you are not strangers and that you guys once had many things in common and lots to talk about. 4. Don't ignore your physical relationship either. After all, between married couples, it is a way of communication and keeping the connection alive! Good luck, babe!

Read more