My husband does not like helping to take care of our toddler (just look after or play with him) for long. About an hour plus to two hours of playing or just watching him he will get frustrated. He complained that maid takes way too long to bathe and eat her meals (about 30 mins each) cause she does not want to take care of our toddler and that she only carries our toddler to sleep so that she can carry him and watch tv. And is asking that I tell my Mom and maid to sleep train him (let him cry it out as currently he cannot take naps unless being carried, we tried letting him nap without carrying and he can cry until he chokes and coughs, even after he had fallen asleep by carrying, we put him on bed, he will wake up almost immediately) and train him to play by himself in the play yard without needing someone to be around (... say that we can monitor via cam. Seriously what is he saying? Our toddler is just slightly over one year old! What if he falls? Husband says how hard can he falls. He is in the play yard with a mat at the bottom...). I know we should really try to sleep train him but it's so hard to heard him cries for more than 30 mins and still unable to sleep. Just ranting cos he does not lives with us and of cos can make such remarks.

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

Oh dear, sorry you have to go through that :( I'd say that you have to just let it go in and out, ignore what he says because you are his mother and you know him best - such things will only be understood when he lives together and spends an entire day looking after his child alone.