My husband does not interact with my daughter that much and is always watching TV. how do I explain her that it is important for him to spend time with her as well?

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

both the parents play an equally important role in a child's overall development. if your husband stays in the same house and is not communicative with your daughter, it could signal a lot of mixed and wrong values to your daughter. for starters, she could start believing that this is how a normal parent child relationship is supposed to be, which can hamper her future relationships with her spouse and child. also, your husband's lack of interaction with her means that he loses out on precious bonding time with his daughter. tell him that there is a lot that your child can learn from the father, and that it will help her look up to her role model. maybe you could ask him to start a weekend ritual with her, such as take up an activity, go somewhere for breakfast together, complete some fun project together or anything of sorts? ask him to do this on a weekend-only basis, for a few hours, so that he gets to spend time with her and has time for himself too. maybe he will enjoy the time spent with her and start doing it more. all the best :)

Read more

I agree with what Debolina suggested. Get the family out of the house. Go to the playground. Perhaps your husband can teach your daughter something, cycling or swimming or some sports (not sure what your husband and daughter may enjoy). Anyway, can also highlight the fact the lack of communication to your husband. He may not realize that he has not been actively engaging your daughter.

Read more