My husband is always sick and I am just so tired of taking care of a sick person. I feel like my life and my child's life is always compromised due to his illness. We can't go out, he can hardly spend time with his child, he's always moping away in pain. Any advice for me to not be so annoyed and more accepting of his illness?

16 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

Try to put yourself in his shoes and understand the pain he is in. Not sure what illness he has and if it can ever be cured. If it is a Long term illness or he is critically ill, it might be a good idea to share your struggles with your hubby, as it can make the two of you closer, despite the many changes in your lives together. Many caregivers are reluctant to share their difficulties for fear of making the person in their care feel worse. But sharing your struggles and even your sorrows can make the “cared for” person feel as if he or she is giving you emotional support. As a result, not only will you get that support, but the person you’re caring for will feel as if he or she is contributing to the well-being of the relationship. In addition, there may be important issues, such as financial constraints, that badly need to be talked about in order to avoid harder times down the road.

Read more