Family & Life Thoughts

Ever since having our first child this year, I had a stronger desire to own a car for easier convenience and better comfort for my wife and my baby in say 3 to 5 years time. As with most middle income families whom are salaried employees, based ony wife and my combined income currently, to own a car, we both need to commit to continue working since buying a car will meant paying for car expenses for the next 10 years on top of our monthly expenditure. Just curious how many dads and first time parents out there have the same thought? This thought arise in me as I seen it is the case with most of my friends or colleagues, they often get a car for convenience and comfort for the sake of their wife and baby. Am I asking too much? All I hope and strive for is better convenience and comfort for my wife and baby as a family.

1 Reply
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

I do have a car, and it’s really a blessing and a convenience, especially with 2 kids. (Even when I had 1 kid, the car did help greatly). I think it’s perfectly fine to desire or aim to get a car for your family. This may mean rethinking through your finances with your wife.. how much you budget for other expenses and how much you save, etc. But if you feel it’s a worthy investment and both of you are in agreement, then go for it:) P.S. We also sometimes take the bus and train, so as to teach my preschooler about public transport, how to behave and what to do in the bus and train.. and she loves these “excursions” too:) -last time, of course.

Read more
4y ago

Thanks Cherlyn.