How to make travelling with kids easy?

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Have a read at this article for tips on flying with a baby: http://travelwithouttears.com/family-travel-tips/travelling-with-a-baby/5-tips-for-flying-with-a-baby/ Very useful tips. Love the part on feeding. When flying, the writer recommend breastfeeding as the most convenient way. Otherwise, carry plenty of bottles pre-prepared with distilled or boiled water and formula in pre-measured containers. Give the bottles to the flight attendants well before you need them, as it takes a while to heat the bottles when in the air. You might also need to let the bottle cool or mix in some cold water to get it to the right temperature. Many useful tips are highlighted that will make flying with a baby easier. Hope this helps!

Read more

I recently came back from a KL trip with a 7 year old daughter & 6 month old son. . We took coach so the ride up and backwas pretty long but we survived! For my daughter, I packed story books and colouring books to keep her preoccupied with snacks and for my son, we took the morning coach so it was easier to handle him since he's so sleepy. I also packed lots of small tons that will entertain him but he was more interested at staring outside the window lol. I carried my son everywhere in a babycarrier (I used Ergo) and since we were in malls most of the time, changing and feeding him was pretty easy.

Read more

The best way to make traveling with your kids easy, is to make traveling with your kids fun! You can do this in a number of ways, but the key is to make sure your kids are entertained. Obviously, how you do so varies by age and personality. You can load some educational games onto a tablet or spare cellphone. You can always bring books to read, or maybe even a laptop with fun movies for them to watch. Traveling is always easier when you're entertained and the same goes for your kid!

Read more

Travel diary, yeah. it sounds like for adults, but hey, they can write stories and draw pictures, can't they? plus that'd make them busy so wont disturb you much (if you wished that lol) Plus airlines these days focus a lot on kids entertainment content in-flight, so there would be plenty of kid and cartoon movies, games for them to play and fiddle with What do you do generally? Are they too mischievous or something? heh

Read more
Post reply image

Haven't used it personally, but I know a lot of parents in my extended social circle who swear by the skyrest inflatable travel pillow. Can't seem to find someone who ships internationally though, as most of my friends are US based. You can get it off US Amazon and perhaps forward it to an SG address? Link here: http://www.amazon.com/Skyrest-SkyRest-Travel-Pillow/dp/B000VKP6VW

Read more
Post reply image

Kids generally have very short attention spans, so before a long road trip or a really long flight, make sure to pack some snacks, activities for your kids to do! Some examples include a portable lego set, soft toys and colouring books. :)