How do you talk to your baby? Will you go by the old style " naughty boy hor.." or " good boy ". No matter what LO do, u will prise or will just continue like the old folks style. And say something like " you can do this meh? I think you can't. "

10 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

I love the comments given in this topic! ❤️ And yes, it's time we use proper English with our children if we want them to pick it up well. I don't use words like "naughty, bad, stupid" etc on bad behaviour, but I also prefer not to use words like "good, clever, smart" etc for good! When my son behaves "badly", I always believe there's a reason he is doing so - something that made him uncomfortable so he's just trying to tell me what it is! I'd talk to him like talking to an adult, and try to analyse what made him unhappy, acknowledge his feelings, explain the situation and give him alternatives - sounds silly to do this to a toddler, but it does work and he does understand! When he does something "good", I'd give him praises like "Good job, you can ____ on your own!" - he also likes a bit of cheeky self-praise by "showing off" what he can do to us and getting us to clap for him 😅 All fun and cute, but it also signifies to me that being acknowledged for what he accomplish himself is important to him!

Read more