My kid keeps scratching herself

How to stop kids from scratching themselves? It's like they can't control...

14 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

Find the root cause of why they're scratching themselves. If they're too young to speak, look out for dry skin or redness - that could be a sign of skin conditions like eczema or dehydrated skin = you should look into moisturizing products like coconut oil, aloe vera etc. If there's no physical signs but constant scratching, you might want to try and identify when this started to happen, when it happens, how long does it happens and what makes it stop. It could be something they saw and copied, something they do to get your attention, or something that is bothering them under the skin which needs medical attention :)

Read more

Hi, It is mostly because of the moisture in weather. I suggest please consult your doc to suggest some medicated shampoo to help with this

Could it be dryness? You may want to change cleansing foam, or add moisturizer into her regime?

Try to use neem leaves whiel bathing. Or just try to keep the babies skin moisturized always

Maybe the skin is dry. Usually I will use baby lotion or baby powder on them after bathing.

VIP Member

Maybe you can try Suu balm ? heard good review for this product. Coconut oil may help too.

TapFluencer

Dry skin causes itching. Try a super moisturizing cream like Physiogel or QV.

VIP Member

Hi... is your child suffering from eczema? Please bring him to see a doctor

Maybe the skin is too dry, keep it well moisturised especially after bath.

TapFluencer

I would use papaw ointment to ease the itchiness. It’s very effective