How should i prepare my toddler for her 1st day to playgroup/pre school?

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

My experience is, my girl went inside and start playing on her own, hence teacher suggest that i wait outside, as it's 1/2 day for her during the 1st day. She adapt well for 1st week. 1st day, 1/2 day. 2nd day, also 1/2 day. 3rd day, teacher try to let her nap, but she don't nap, hence i pick her home. 4th day, teacher manage to let her nap. Hence it's a successful week. It's work out well on 1st week. 2nd week onwards, cry after she reach school. Teacher took awhile to coax her and i have to sneak out. Till now, my gmil send her to school, she never cry, but i send she will cry.. But she do enjoy the school though, guess it's really depend on the kids itself. My friend have the same situation as me too, other people send the kid to school is ok, but not her.

Read more

Before your child goes to school, you can prepare her by playing "pretend". Make a game of it so that she can explore the idea of going to school. You can act out daily routines like saying good-bye to mommy and/or daddy, putting on uniform, singing songs, reading stories and taking naps. You can even rope in the help of her dolls and soft toys to be her classmates. Encourage and reassure your daughter that preschool is a good place where she will have fun, learn and make friends. If she asks questions about preschool, answer her patiently and let her know that she will be going to a safe place :)

Read more

When my daughter was about to enter playground, I started bring her out to playgrounds and indoor gyms more often so that she gets expose to being around other kids her age. When we go home, I would ask her about the day and was it fun for her. She would say yes, and I would say wouldn't it be more fun if you have friends to play with everyday? I kept this up for a week straight and on the first day that I dropped her off and school, she forgot to say goodbye to me

Read more

U need to inform yr child as a basic form of respect. They may be very young and i think they don't understand but pls don't underestimate them, they will know it. Treat them like little adults so that it would be easier for you in future too. Usually childcare 1st 3 days are half days and you need to educate yr child. You can stay with them only for the 1st 3 days only.

Read more

Before the actual schooling started, I brought my boy to walk around the school. I let him see through the window seeing how school life is.

thanks