My 19mo toddler is going full day childcare soon. Is there anything I should take note of? Should I accompany her whole day on her 1st day?

15 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

See how it goes? My girl totally went on her own, play on her own with friends, i'm not inside she also Nvm. 12pm after lunch, go home. Next day, try to let her nap in school, but she can't slp, hence the school told me to pick her home so she can nap, hence she nap on the way home. next day successfully nap in school. Next week.... Cry like i abandoning her away... After awhile, ok to stay.. She have been crying till now whenever i send her to school, but if my Gmil send her to school, she is perfectly ok... Now if i send her to school, i give her a pack of sweet to hold till she reach school, so on and off she went to school without crying much.

Read more

Some Cc allow parents to stay while some dont .For me i accompany my girl for the 1st day to let her feel secure and adapt the new environment and people there.Inbetween i did walk out and mingle outside the school.For the 1st few days we brought her home earlier and slowly the time drag later. Crying depend on each indivual child, some can adapt new environment fast while some take longer time. For my girl she cried on off nearly 1month but now she loves school ..Normally after picking we ask her about her school,have more interaction about school to them . Labeling of all her school stuffs is important

Read more

If this is your child's first day of school, they might be scared and will cry as its a totally new environment for them. Give them time to adapt to the Teachers and school. Also try to let the Teachers handle the child first when they cry. My boys transit to a new sch from infant to Childcare. Both cried when we drop them in school but younger one cried longer.on first day, younger one cried n cried but I left him alone in school after staying with him for 4 hours. Teacher feedback he was ok n didn't cry. Hope yours will be fine, do explain to him u will be back to fetch him :)

Read more

Each childcare practice different thing I think. Mine first week was half day, and first three days accompanied by us. When we were there we try to sneak away, and he started crying when he couldn't see us. To the point the Teachers called us to come back for him. Then 4th day I let him go childcare half day without company. I spied on him outside and could hear him screaming his head off. But I let the Teachers handle him instead of going to him.

Read more

It depends on your child's character. I was ready to accompany mine for the whole day but when I was there, he kept crying and asked me to bring him away. So I decided since he was crying anyway , whether I'm there or not, I just left him there n walked out. Surprisingly , when U was out, he stopped crying n joined the teachers. It's better to let them bond quickly with teachers. After I did that, some parents walked out too...

Read more
8y ago

Yes okay by ear. We parents are always anxious . In fact when I left him there, I teared seeing him so upset. But I guess it's a phase. It's good to just take a whole day off. If your child can still be composed when U r inside, it's good to see what the

Think this is a requirement for all childcare to be half a day during the 1st 3 days of admission. Definitely it would be nice if you can stay as this will greatly reduce separation anxiety. Frankly speaking, when you are there to observe, teachers behaviour is usually very very different as compared to normal days. Just be prepared in case of any viruses that may kicked in within the 1st 3 mths.

Read more

Nothing much to take note ... Maybe on the routine that the school is preparing them and also things to bring. Other than that, there is nothing much that can be done. Full Day? Think 1st 3 days are only half a day school. Please check. Some teachers will say that your child is fine and ask you to leave 1st ... come and pick them up before 1pm.

Read more

Personally I feel yes you should stay to observe how the school do their daily activities. I am glad I stayed the first day with my son and withdrawed after a week. Whatever you do, please remember to assure your child you will be back and not just sneak away. Yes they will get used to it but you need to use the softest and gentlest approach.

Read more
7y ago

oh dear what happened?

it will depends on the school and your child, but be prepare to be there for a few days iniately. most school only allow halfday for the 1st 3 days. the most important thing is to let your child to know when u r leaving and tell her that u will be back to fetch her later so that she will not panic when she cant find u.

Read more

It depend on your child. she will take time to observe the new environment and new faces. for my children's childcare, principal allows parents to accompany our children for half day on 1st 3 days. then slowly we drop off the kids for half day for next few days till the kids are ready for full day.

Read more