how to prepare dinner for the Lil one when they starting on solid for working mum. by the time I'm home, it's already 7pm n if I were to cook bb porridge will be 7+pm already. very late... advise pls. thanks.

9 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Maybe you can consider making a batch of vegetable or fruit purees in advance and freeze them like ice cubes. You can make a weeks worth in advance and whenever you need them, you can just thaw the desired amount and feed baby. These purees do last long when frozen and stored properly which is perfect for busy working moms. Mangos, pumpkins, squash, carrots etc freeze well and this table has many other examples of fruits and veggies that will freeze well. http://wholesomebabyfood.momtastic.com/babysmoothiesrecipes.htm

Read more
Post reply image

I did the same as Yuna. made puree & froze in those little cube containers. In the mornings before leaving for work, i will take out a few cubes and move it to the fridge section and steam those in the evening. To make steaming faster, i take some water out of my airpot so the water base boils faster. Sometimes i would cook porridge or soup in my slow cooker. Turn on low heat before leaving for work.

Read more

you can use an electric lunch box to cook at work since it can use electricity. you can prepare the ingredients on hand and pack in a cooler bag to maintain freshness of it. then start throwing everything in electric lunch box and can cook around an hour before dinner. then transfer to thermo food jar so that it will continue to heat up till you reach home. you can try that.

Read more

Soaked ur rice before hand. Cooking time will be half an hour if u cook at home. For me, I usually cook my porridge or Soup at work using electric lunch cooker. It takes about 45min to be done and it only takes less than 5min to set up and will not affect work at all. Store in thermos and it is still very hot when served. That is provided if ur company allow u to do so.

Read more

I agreed with ashley tan... use thermal magic pot... you can cook a pot of everything... stew chicken with potato and vege.... abc soup.... and many other things... if your office don't really allow you to cook during lunch time... wake up half an hour earlier is good.. prepare all the ingredients the night before...

Read more
VIP Member

You can use an electric lunch box & cook during lunch in the office pantry. Packed your nicely cooked meal/porridge in the thermos when you are ready to leave work. You will be able to serve little one dinner right after their bath

U can use thermal magic pot for soup. Just boil all ingredients on the stove then transfer to the thermal pot as it will continue to simmer. By the time u reach hm, just reheat and it will be good!

U can puree and freeze it beforehand so that whenever u r home, u can heat it up for yr lo. It's so convenient but pls remember to start with 1 type of food at a time in case of any allergies.

Use a slow cooker to cook porridge or soup. Turn to auto before going to work.