Baby solid food

Hi .. my lo currently gg 9 months. As i am a working mum and ifc quite a distance from home. I will always nd to fetch my son after work. But whenever he reached home , he will be very hungry. But i have got no time to prepare solid food or porridge for him. I gave him nestle cerelac rice with some pureened carrot most of the time. My concerns is is it safe to have instant rice everyday compared to cooking porridge ?? I am worried about my son health. Any mummies can help ?? Thanks

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I would suggest to ask the ifc to give a milk feed maybe 1.5-2hr before u fetch, so he won’t be that hungry and can wait for ur to cook. Once u reach home, u can cook fast meal. I cook my porridge using rice cooker and I set timer for it, so it will be cooked when I reach home. You can do chicken stock and freeze it and use it to cook pasta, noodles etc. Chop ur veggie and meat the night before, so come back home is just to cook only. It’s not just about the health, but we also need to expose them to a variety of food to get the necessary nutrients (& also prevent picky eating). After 1yo, they get their nutrients from solids, not milk anymore thus u need to find a solution to it instead of giving instant cereals everyday.

Read more

Same situation. u can prepare porridge for him in the morning, use rice cooker and set timer. when u are back, quickly scope out the porridge and let it cool down. the remaining store in fridge and heat up the next day after coming back from ifc. We cook porridge every 2 days.

I ordered home-made baby food and store them in the freezer. I just heat it up for baby’s dinner. On nights when i feed Cerelac (those flavoured ones), I’ll give fruits after too.

mas healthy po ang rice or lugaw na mismong ikaw talaga ang gumawa kesa sa instant foods po. para din picky eater si baby