How often is it necessary to check a toddlers height and weight?

11 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Whenever you make a visit t a doctor for her general health check up, you can do his height and weight. And if the doctor says that the kid is reaching his developmental stages on time, there is no need to check it often. Otherwise also, there is no need to freak out if the kid is short in height or have low weight. Every kid take their own time to reach his/her developmental stages. As long as the kid is healthy and active, it is all good.

Read more
VIP Member

i will check once a year on their height. As for weight, usually when you seeing a doctor, they will weigh the child. Toddlers are very active. No need to worry about their height and weight. As long they are eating well and sleeping well, everything will be fine. Some kids take a little longer time to grow taller while some just shoots up fast

Read more

Usually when you bring your kids for injection or seeing pd they will help toddlers measure height and weight as long as your toddler is active and doesn't look too thin I think it is not necessary to check for height and weight often unless you notice that your toddlers suddenly lose weight drastically then maybe you have that check it out

Read more

Your child's height and weight is automatically checked and recorded every time your visit the doc. This is of course more frequent when the kids are under 2, because of all the vaccinations. I check my daughter's weight monthly and her height every two months. This is to make sure that I can keep track of any growth spurts.

Read more

The regular check up with the doctor and knowing his weight and height whenever we visit is enough for me. Unless of course you notice a sudden drop on his weight then that should be something that would require the doctor's attention.

for me i dun normally check. as long they are active and eat well can already . the time to check is when they had vaccination

I do check every couple months for height as my child exercise and eat a lot. so the more often I check I can keep tracking.

I only check when my baby go for vaccinations.. Tt is the only way i know is it within healthy range

I go by weekly check to make sure my baby is growing well and is having enough nutrients to grow.

thanks