How often do I need to change my baby's milk bottles?

27 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

It depends on the material of the milk bottles. Most bottles in the market are made with polypropylene (PP) and these bottles should be changed every 5 to 6 months. Polyphenylsulfone (PPSU) bottles are honey tinted and sturdier. These bottles are naturally BPA free and can be changed yearly. Glass bottles don't need to be changed. http://www.totsworld.com.sg/what-type-of-milk-bottle-is-safe/

Read more
Post reply image

also depend on the quality of milk bottle. i change every 3-6 mths. eg medela - can tell the quality changed especially the colour of bottle after 4 mths, i will change. for mam, it can last longer at 6mth.

Best to change plastic bottles (BPA) every 3 months, while glass bottles every year. Basically when the bottles start changing colour (turns yellow) best to standby new ones.

Every 3-6 months depending on the brand and frequency of usage. Mummies should judge if the bottle discoloured, scratched etc.

PP bottles: every 3 months PPSU bottles: every 6 months We are using thermal bottles from Pacific Baby so far it lasts

I'm using NUK plastic bottles and I change every 6 months.. It depends on your comfort level and usage too..

I used glass bottles, so don't have to change that often,only the nipples and cap need changing

I do my changes of only the nipple head monthly or as soon as I noticed they are warnout

I use glass bottle so I sterilize with hot water after each wash. Been using for 14mths

actually based on most manufacturers, they recommend to change every 3mths