Announcing pregnancy

Hey there mummies! When would be the ideal time to announce yr pregnancy to yr family members? I'm currently 6 weeks plus preg with #2 and was thinking of when to break the news with my family members. Husband kept asking me and I just told him after the 12th week 😂😂 any idea when would be ideal? Idw to break the news too early 😂😂 #2child

11 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I have no choice but to announce to my bosses and team mates in week 4+. My job requires me to perform training (standing & walking for 3 - 4 hours). I seen gynae at week 4+ due to bleeding (on hormones pills since then), now at Week 7. My friends are not aware, but instead my colleagues are (due to work reasons). Feel so worried as Chinese traditions only allow us to announce after week 12th. But, I dared not risk standing & walking for hours when am bleeding. 😔 Sometimes I don't know am I making the right choices.

Read more

At your most comfort time I feel.. i shared to my parents and my MIL once I know I preg because idk what to do/eat and avoid.. other close family members after 12 weeks.. Since I had baby 1, I told my hubby no need to tell his mother anymore till 2nd trim if I’m having another baby since she don’t care too 🤭

Read more

for immediate family members I announced it when I was about 10 weeks pregnant. for friends, I didn't really announce it.. but I only revealed to them in my second trimester if they asked.. I would say anytime you feel comfortable with announcing it.

No right or wrong time 😊 I told our immediate family the moment I found out about my pregnancy. And only to colleagues and friends after first tri.. if your work is quite physical, I would suggest to at least tell your Manager in confidence.

The ideal time is determined by you :) I told my close friends and family before 12 weeks. I only felt comfortable announcing at my friends at 12weeks (my first ultrasound) or when I had the results of the FTS in case of any issues

with my first I had no bump at all so only announce after birth 😂 told parents at 35weeks n thats it. second child announced to everyone including fam at 13wks, once enter second trimester

2y ago

You told your parents about your first born at 35 weeks? Wow what was their reaction hahaha

There's no perfect time to announce. Just do it when u feel comfortable. I had chemical pregnancy last year so this time we told at 15+ weeks after we got NIPT results.

I am a ftm and I told my family within 2 months. I think usually ppl share after their first trimester. It depends on you.. no right or wrong…

First child we informed after first trimester. Second child we informed family immediately, but will inform friends after first trimester.

thank you all for your inputs! I think I'll break the news to our family after my 2nd scan and before our first born birthday 😅