How many times can you forgive your irresponsible partner?

11 Replies
 profile icon
Magsulat ng reply

it depends on what you mean by being " irresponsible " ... I guess most Filipinos will call you " irresponsible " if you are not financially stable to provide their needs ..anybody can be the bread winner of the house , it can be a man , it can be a woman , let's learn to live in peace and harmony ... anyway the bible tells us to forgive 70×7 ...

Magbasa pa

Ideally, infinite. Just like what the Bible says about forgiving (70x7) those who sin against us. But human as we are, we also become frustrated. So I guess don't put a numerical value but forgive your partner as long as you can.

I honestly don't know. Sometimes, you of course would want to give up. But at the end of the day, you would still think of having a complete family for your kids. Still many people with irresponsible partners stay with them.

I cannot say 10x etc. As long as I love him, I guess. As long as I have the patience to understand why he's being irresponsible. But at the same time, I will talk to him and help him change before it's too late.

It really depends on what's being compromised because of his being irresponsible. Of course, if it's causing your family especially the kids too much suffering and stress, maybe it's high time to make a move.

VIP Member

Aww thanks momshies! :) So, extended patience is the key huh.. Hay sometimes kasi totoo it's frustrating na and I can't face him anymore sa sobrang asar :(

In my opinion, as long as there is space in your heart that can forgive your partner and putting your kids as a priority above anything else.

Saw this video that says "Love should be unconditional but Relationships should not." Hope that answers your question.

Forgiveness should be innumerable pero don't let hin treat you like a rag.

As long as I can take it