How many months before your child's first birthday do you save up for the party?

5 Replies
 profile icon
Magsulat ng reply

Hi, Yes, since I have three kids, I do start saving for the birthdays. And it may sound bizarre, but my saving starts as soon as the birthday passes. ;p But, frankly speaking, I do start saving as and when I have a buffer for the month. And if we do not plan a party, then we use that money to get a gift for the children or go for a birthday celebration holiday. We did save for my first child's first birthday, and we ended up spending a bomb. But after that we decided that we will always have a decent party and nothing extravagant.

Magbasa pa

HI, I wish, I was this smart. Also, the expenses of my child's birthday party is born by my husband. We have divided the expenses for the occasions. So, we solely look after them as and when they come. I do not know this is any better but, yes, this is our way of doing things.

We prepared for our daughter's 1st birthday 6 months before the event proper so that we'll have ample time to save for it.

VIP Member

just a simple celebration will do

Super Mum

I guess it was 3 or 4 months.